We invite all our parent, whānau and caregiver community to be aware and involved in the Taskforce’s report Our Schooling Futures: Stronger Together |Whiria Ngā Kura Tūātinitini which has been published.
The Taskforce team are very keen to receive feedback from as many people as possible to help them complete their final recommendations and report to the Minister of Education in late April 2019. We really encourage everyone to come along to these events and discuss the future of our schooling system.
So Newton get amongst it!
Public consultation meetings:
- the Taskforce is now holding public consultation meetings around the country until Wednesday, 27 March. The full schedule is now available on our website
- An online survey: this canvasses opinions on each of the 32 recommendations, is now available here: https://consultation.education.govt.nz/tsr/survey2019/ and will remain open until 31 March 2019. It will be available in Te Reo and other languages within the next week.
- A free 0800 number for oral submissions: call 0800 FOR TSR (0800 367 877) to leave your thoughts on the future of our schooling system.
- Postcards: for students, families and anyone who just wants to briefly ‘have their say’ on a recommendation or the full report. Freepost postcards will be available at the public meetings.
- Formal written submissions: these can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org .