Auckland Transport is proposing speed limit changes on various roads and around various schools across Tāmaki Makaurau. The reasons behind these proposed changes include:
Reducing the number of people getting seriously injured or killed on our roads.
Making it safer for children walking or cycling to school.
AT want to hear your views. Public consultation is now open and runs until November 14. To find out more, AT’s website – Proposed Speed Limit Changes – provides further information, including this video – Have your say on proposed speed limit changes
The map shows proposed speed limit changes around Newton Central School
You are warmly invited to attend one of AT’s public consultation meetings:
- Wednesday 20 October, 4 pm – 6 pm, Ōrākei Community Centre*, 156 Kepa Road, Orakei
- Tuesday 2 November, 7.30 pm – 8 pm, Webinar related to the proposed changes around schools in the Albert-Eden Local Board area – click here to join
- Wednesday 3 November, 7.30 pm – 8 pm, Webinar in relation to proposed changes around schools in central Auckland suburbs – click here to join
- Thursday 4 November, 7.30 pm – 8 pm, Webinar to discuss why some schools have not been included in the proposed changes – click here to join
- Thursday 11 November, 4 pm – 6 pm, Mt Albert War Memorial Hall*, 773 New North Road,
- Saturday 13 November, 10 am – 12 pm, Grey Lynn Library Hall,* 474 Great North Road, Grey Lynn Note – feedback closes next day.
*subject to Covid Alert Levels.