Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
We have successfully opened and blessed the new playground on the top banks next to the school field.
We had over 30 concept design drawings submitted by students in 2021 and below are the 5 designs that were closest to what our school community fundrasied for and built. Nina Harrison our very own playground architect who took out students concept designs and crafted something exceptional.
Thanks to our hardworking, dedicated and generous PTA team who have seen this project through from beginning to completion. Special thanks to Kate O’Neill our awesome, commited and passionate project manager, Fiona Westerkamp who spear headed the fundraising campaign over the last few years efficiently and expertly, Ross Lay for the additional hours and work that went into supporting all the various contractors and groups invloved in this big project. It has brought so much joy to our students on their start to the year.
It is now rated as one the best things about our school.
We would like to acknoweldge our sponsors who have given not just financial assistance, donation of products but actual physical labour on our playground project.
- Dulux – for giving our playground such beautiful colours
- Bunnings – for their help planting around our playground
- Metalbird – for adding some art to our playground
- Four Winds Foundation – for the grant towards bark for our playground
- Lawrence, Holden, Maree and the team at Playground Creations – for going out of their way to make our playground extra special!
Ma tini ma mano ka rapa te whai
Many hands make light work.