Don't miss out! The Newton Central Centenary Book is available to purchase.
Packed with entertaining articles by distinguished alumni and personalities including Sir Bob Harvey, Polynesian Panthers Melani Anae and Tigilau Ness, Don McGlashan, and past principal and author Tim Heath. We also hear the stories of our longest-serving staff members, our most recent principals and board members, and past whānau. Pasifika pride and the origins of Te Aka Pūkāea; mud days, te reo Māori cafés, concerts and kapa haka; prime ministers and elephants visiting our kura – there’s something for everyone!
This beautifully produced 120-page book is full of interesting and entertaining information about our kura and is a must-buy for Newton Central whānau past and present. With a limited print run and rave reviews already, don’t miss out on getting your hands on this wonderful piece of Newton Central history.
$20 per copy, with all funds going back to the school.
Celebrate our story: it’s been an eventful century and there truly is no other school like Newton Central.
Aroha mai, aroha atu. Mana mai, mana atu.
- From the school office (a copy is available to view in the office).
- At the Centenary events on the 24th and 25th Nov.
- Using the order form (for whānau of current students). Newton Central Centenary Book – Order Form
- Through our friendly local bookstore, Dear Reader, 436 Richmond Road, Grey Lynn. Dear Reader - Newton Central Centenary Book
- Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for other options.
"I'm finding the centenary book absolutely fascinating! Each time I open it, I spy something I hadn't seen the first time. It will be one of those books I read over and over again!" - Whaea Nicola
"What a book! It's so full of aroha and fascinating material and it's a powerful record of a magnificent - and ongoing - achievement." - Simon Wilson
"Holy moly. Just read the centennial book. It's incredible!" - Phoebe Greenbrook-Held