One place for all School Communications
Hero is a powerful and secure online sharing platform designed to reduce the number of places that parents need to check for information about school.
We use it at Newton:
- as our student management system (SMS)
- to share children’s progress and next steps with whānau (for reporting)
- as our primary means of communication with our school community
You can log in to your Hero account (even if you have students at multiple schools) and see all your children’s progress data; read school notices; record absences and pay your school account online. This is also the place to go if you need to print off reports from previous years.
We strongly recommend that all NCS whānau set up a login because, while updates are emailed out to you from Hero, there is much more to see when you log on.
How to sign in to your Hero Account
1. Search for ‘Hero’ in your app store and download, or visit https://go.linc-ed.com
2. Select “New User”
Your account will have been set up by school using the email address that you provided when you enrolled your child(ren), use this address to request a password. Please note: each contact must have their own email address.
3. Enter your email address
Select the “Request Password Link”
4. Check your email!
If one doesn’t arrive, check that school has your correct details on file. You need to be using the same email address that we currently have on our school records.
5. Follow the secure link and enter your password.
How to report an absence in Hero
If your child is going to be away for the day due to sickness, an appointment or any other reason, please notify the school as soon as possible by using the Hero app.
There is a ‘Report an Absence’ icon right on the homepage of the app
1. Click on the ‘Report an Absence’ icon
2. Select the reason for absence (add in any message if you need to)
3. Click ‘Send Message’ and you’re done!