Student Management System – Linc-ed
Linc-ed was launched in 2018, a new reporting system which also is our school’s students’ management system. Linc-ed allows teachers to share learning anytime, anywhere and viewed on any device.
In 2020, LINC-ED released a major upgrade to their product, including a name change. LINC-ED’s flagship online sharing, reporting and billing platform is now known as ‘Hero’.
The benefits to using Hero for you:
- The Hero app is available to be downloaded from the app store. No need for email.
- School notices and communication will be accessed via community feed – push notifications will alert you to when there is a new message (if you choose to turn this on).
- Hero is designed to reduce the number of places that parents need to check for information about school.
- Parents have exactly the same login details and all accounts transfer from LINC-ED. Even if you visit the school’s old LINC-ED site you will be redirected to Hero.
- Parents and caregivers can log in to their Hero app (even if they have students at multiple schools) and see all their learning stories; assessments; progress data; school notices; pay their school account online … all through one app.
- There is a student app where teachers can post notices for their class or groups that your child is part of.
The aim was to implement a robust system that allows teachers, parents, and students to access learning in an online environment that is concurrent with 21st Century learners, secure, easy, and effective.
Both Māori and English medium programmes are reported to parents, as the tool aligns to both Te Marautanga o Aotearoa and New Zealand Curriculum progressions.
Parents are able to have continuous access to Linc-Ed and see updates of their child’s progress.
For further information go to Reporting Students Achievement.