Student Management System: Hero by Linc-ed
At Newton we use an online reporting system which also is our school’s students’ management system. Hero allows teachers to share learning anytime, anywhere and viewed on any device. Hero is also for sharing via the community feed, reporting and billing platform.
The benefits to using Hero for you:
- The Hero app is available to be downloaded from the app store.
- School and class notices are communicated via the community feed and push notifications will alert you to when there is a new message (if you choose to turn this on).
- Hero is designed to reduce the number of places that parents need to check for information about school.
- Parents and caregivers can log in to their Hero app (even if they have students at multiple schools) and see all their learning stories; assessments; progress data; school notices; pay their school account online … all through one app.
- There is a student app where teachers can post notices for their class or groups that your child is part of.
The aim was to implement a robust system that allows teachers, parents, and students to access learning in an online environment that is concurrent with 21st Century learners, secure, easy, and effective.
Both Māori and English medium programmes are reported to parents, as the tool aligns to both Te Marautanga o Aotearoa and New Zealand Curriculum progressions.
For further information go to Reporting Students Achievement.